Preventative Foundation Repair Measures
As a homeowner, your home is your most valuable asset. Whether it’s a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom cottage or a large McMansion in suburban America, a healthy percentage of your net worth is likely tied up in your house. Additionally, your family depends on your home for comfort, safety, and security. With that being said, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your home is properly cared for and maintained all year round.
Your ability to effectively maintain your home is largely dependent on how early you can identify issues and problem areas.
Early identification is an important step in fixing these issues, whether it’s a leaky basement, uneven driveway, or foundation problem.
In most cases, the earlier you identify a problem, the less expensive and time-consuming it is to alleviate the issue. This is especially true when it comes to your home’s foundation.
About Our Guide
This guide will serve as your homeowner’s plan for regular maintenance – particularly as it relates to foundation issues, concrete settlement, and structural repair. Feel free to print this guide, save it on your tablet, or bookmark it in your internet browser. It is intended to be used all-year round and will help you ensure your home is healthy and protected through every month and season.
In this guide, we will discuss and include the following:
- Home Stability and how/when you should check for issues.
- Basic Types of Home Foundations (basement, crawl space, and slab) and important considerations to keep in mind.
- Home Maintenance Checklist that you can use when physically examining your home for signs of foundational settlement or movement.
- The checklist portion is broken down into seasonal sections for your convenience – Annual, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- And finally, advice on what to do when you encounter a problem.
To download our free homeowner guide, visit here.
While it is impossible to mention every detail and home-specific problem, for more information on a specific section or piece of advice, please don’t hesitate to reach out and contact a local professional like Helitech at 800-246-9721.