Chance Helical Piers
Helical Piers contain Helices, or helical flights, that serve as end bearing plates for the weight of your home. These flights are welded to a central steel shaft. The helical shaft essentially acts as a screw that is rotated into the soil.
When using Helical Piers, the helices provide a large amount of surface area to resist or bear the weight of your home. Helical Piles are very effective in deeper soils where reaching bedrock is not possible. The helical flights will produce a force that translates into how much weight the entire Pile or Pier can carry.
The success of the Helical screw anchor system is based on decades of similar use of Chance anchors by electrical utilities. With over 100 years of structural engineering experience, the Chance Helical Underpinning System is unmatched. All system components are hot-dip galvanized to increase product life in aggressive soils, and are made in the United States.
What you can expect during a foundation repair
- Our certified installer will inspect the condition of your home’s foundation.
- You will receive a customized foundation repair plan.
- Your home is prepared for the new foundation support system.
- Helical piles and brackets are selected and spaced at proper intervals to support the load of your home.
- The helical piles are screwed into the stable soil until the prescribed depth is reached. L-shaped brackets on top of each pile connect to the base of the foundation wall.
- The weight of your home is transferred to the new foundation support system and adjusted using hydraulic equipment.
Helical System Components
All components are hot-dip galvanized to increase product life in aggressive soils.
Advantage of AB Chance Helical Piles
- Trust – Over 100 Years of engineering and installation experience
- Quality – ISO 9001 Certified providing a customer-focused performance improvement
- Made in the U.S.A. – Manufactured in the heartland, using mill direct prime steel
- Warranty – CHANCE Brand Helical Piles are backed by the best warranty in the industry
- Service – Over 30 Application Engineers within the CHANCE Alliance Network, in addition to Helitech’s own in-house engineering staff
- Sustainable – CHANCE Helical Piles are made from recycled steel; and can be removed and reused
Building Code Approved
The AB Chance Helical Anchoring System Helitech utilizes for foundation repair is building code approved. Building officials, architects, contractors, specifiers, and designers utilize evaluation reports to proved a basis for using or approving CHANCE Type SS5, SS175, RS3500, RS2875, and SS175/RS350- Combo Helical Foundation Systems in projects.
Helical Piers vs. Pipe Piers
There is no true place to draw the line when using Helical or Pipe/Resistance Piers because there are many factors to consider. For instance, in some areas bedrock is further below the surface than others. In those cases, Helical Piers would be the best and most cost-effective solution. In other areas, bedrock is closer to the surface and easier to reach. In these instances, Resistance Piers would be recommended.
The only way to know which foundation repair application is the solution for your home would be to call an expert.
Helitech offers free estimates on your foundation repairs.
Find out more about our pricing and available finance options for foundation repair.