How To Fix Sagging Floors With Support Columns
Are you tired of bouncy or sagging floors in your home? Don’t worry, Helitech has the support you need. Helitech’s Support Columns, or HSCs, are a permanent way to support your floors and stop the bounce.
The HSC System replaces the conventional concrete block, brick, and wood timber posts by providing superior support to existing beams and floor joists in your crawl space. The HSC standard column length is 3 foot and then field-cut to the specific application. A heavy-duty, threaded adjustment at the top allows for the load to be securely transferred to the column.
The Helitech Crawlspace Support Column is designed to rest on a pre-compacted aggregate footing of crushed base rock material. The compacted base material will absorb the load that is transferred from the existing support beam to the HSC bearing plate to provide a secure and stable foundation. Therefore, your floors will be sagging no more.
Benefits of the Helitech Support Column for Crawlspaces
- Powder coated steel construction
- Large 14” x 14” x 3/8 steel bearing plate to transfer load to the bearing surface
- Extremely high load capacity (supports loads over 60,000 lbs)
- Immediate stabilization and lifting capabilities
- Custom fit to any crawlspace height
- Designed to bear on the compacted base material, which eliminates the need for concrete
Installation Steps of the Floor Support System
A Helitech project specialist will visit your home to identify the issue, where the floors are sagging or bouncy, and complete a detailed estimate for you. Once the project has been scheduled, a Helitech project foreman will arrive on-site to begin the process of correcting your home’s floor issues. After the quick pre-job walkthrough is completed, the foreman and crew will get to work.
- A Footing pad is excavated and the base material is prepared and compacted. Depending on your situation, an engineered, solid base of rock or poured concrete is created. The holes are dug in place and rock or concrete is placed into the excavated locations.
- The high capacity support column is measured and cut to a precise length, specific to your home’s conditions. As a result, NO shims are used.
- Steel components of the HSC are carefully assembled and installed. The large 14 x 14 x 3/8 inch bearing plates are set in place on the footing pads to transfer the load to the bearing surface. The pipes are placed into the bearing plate and locked into place.
- The HSC beam plate is attached to the existing or new support beam and bolted into place for a secure connection.
- The floor system load is transferred to the ISC and any final adjustments are made and locked down.
Immediately after installation, you can rest assured the Helitech Support Column system will stabilize your settling and sagging beams and floor joists in your crawlspace.
Why the HSC Is Right For Your Home
Floors above crawlspaces are susceptible to problems created within the crawlspace itself. High moisture content is common with damp soil which can lead to poor soil conditions and movement with traditional support columns. As the soils beneath the home become saturated, the columns can no longer provide the necessary support and then often settle, leading to sagging floors.
Sagging beams and floor joists can also result from the improper spacing of existing support columns or a weakened floor system due to excessive moisture, bug damage, or wood rot. As these forces of nature occur in the crawlspace, the floors above begin to noticeably sink and sag.
For the long-term success of any support column system, it is important to immediately address any drainage or water issues negatively affecting the crawlspace. Then, the necessary measures to reduce the impact of moisture in the crawlspace must be taken. Often times, a crawlspace can require a drainage system and encapsulation system to control and manage the impacts of water and high humidity.
Rest assured the Helitech Crawlspace Support Column System will immediately stabilize your settling and sagging beams and floor joists in your crawlspace and protect against further movement.
Read More Reviews
Mineral Point, MO
I heard good things about the company, plus the lifetime warranty on the work done is a very good seller for me. Your project estimator was friendly and would keep me informed on your time coming out, your project foreman (Dave) was very good and his workers also. They were very friendly and did a good job also. You have some good employees. I’m glad I used Helitech for this job.