The best way to keep your basement dry during heavy spring rains is to do preventative waterproofing work before the issue arises. When the rain does come, you will be glad you followed these 5 tips on how to prevent your basement from leaking in Western Kentucky.
- Make sure your downspouts are extended at least 10 feet and are draining away from your foundation.
- Each winter, check your Sump Pit to ensure that the Sump Pump kicks on properly, that there isn’t any debris in the sump pit, and that the discharge pipe is flowing away from the house.
- Inspect your foundation walls for cracks. Hairline cracks can form over time. While very small and common, these cracks may not leak in the beginning, can begin to have seepage during heavy rains. Any cracks can be addressed with our crack injections for a cost-effective solution to keep water out of your home. Even if the cracks aren’t leaking now, why wait for it to be a problem?
- If you have water coming up from where the wall meets the footing, you may have a more serious condition that can usually only be addressed by installing the Hydraway Drainage System below your footing to drain any incoming water away from your home.
- Call Helitech for your no-obligation, free inspection for a guaranteed solution and peace of mind during the rainy spring season.
Helitech’s Hydraway Drainage System offers the ultimate protection for your Western Kentucky basement.
Fix the damage at its source. Call in the professionals.
Helitech Waterproofing Western Kentucky
Helitech Waterproofing and Foundation Repair proudly services the Western Kentucky region, including Paducah, Benton, Mayfield, and Murray out of our Southern Office.
The Helitech Southern Office runs a full crew of project estimators, laborers, lead-men, foremen, managers, and superintendents.
Schedule your appointment with one our Western Kentucky project estimators by calling us at 270-442-4060.
Helitech began serving homeowners in the greater St. Louis and metro area in 1987. Since then, Helitech has expanded their service area to provide homeowners with proven waterproofing, foundation repair, and mudjacking solutions across the Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, and Indiana regions.